Friday, July 24, 2009

July's Board meeting and etc



I am a property owner and have worked for this community and ALL the members for many years and still do. I am not on the steering committee, or a Realtor, nor am I running for the Board, but I was at the July 18th LDPOA Board meeting. I am very disappointed in our current Board. I had several issues and questions that I brought before the current Board, none of which were answered. I have encouraged members to get involved and come to meetings, But WHY? I am wasting my breath. This Board does not listen to the members as they said they would before they were elected.

By the way where was the lady that is a board member? She has missed 3 consecutive meetings now. Does that show interest in the Members or was she appointed just to fill a chair?

This Board approved minutes for the May meeting that was adjourned mid meeting they know that is illegal, after a meeting is adjourned you have to wait 96 hours before conducting any more business, did they listen? NO! They also approved the financial report for May after I mentioned there were no figures in hall rental, printing, postage and delivery accounts. Where did they put the dollar figures for printing the Discoverer, the budget and the postage for mailing of these documents? Members something is wrong here.

I brought the facts to the Board but did they listen NO. I sent 3 e-mails to ALL 7 Board members with a request to see documents as to why the salaries are so high (according to Davis- Sterling I have this right) not one of the board members had the courtesy to answer any of my requests. Is this being open and honest? We did have 7 at the time of requests.

If we get a new Board and they hire a management company (heaven forbid) I believe it will be this Boards fault because this Board did not do their fiduciary duty.


Yes Lew members did leave after the good of the order, the reason is this Board let a member go way over her 5 minutes, on an important and interesting topic but enough is enough. And as far as Mr. Porter serving a lunch what did Lew and Bill do? Did they not serve lunch? Hot dogs and chili come on Lew what is the difference?

Or is it the old saying goes “don’t do as I do, do as I say"?

Ruth Smith


3 comments:

  1. If we have to pay and suffer through another mis-management company we can all lay the blame on the bumbling ineptitude of this wrong way board that can't get their act together.

    Directors should have to pass a test before they can even run for office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is this boards fault they are getting recalled
    This board not only did not do their fiduciary duty to all members but this board listens to an insane person, (the association secetary) with his own blog, who rants, raves, rumors and gossip, none of the people on this board have the guts to put a stop to his ranting. ( so now pay the piper) Does he fight for all members? He just goes on and on about a couple who have had their retirement destroyed, yea right. I guess they have plenty if money to give to attorney's they keep fighting after they have lost several times in court. Move on to the other members, this is a dead horse, courts have proven that.
    I am sure lots of people read that garbage and think this is a horrible place to live, well if it is Lew why did you build your dream home here, you are the one spreading all this trash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope the new canidates that are running for the LDPOA board gets out and about to let themselves be known to all members in this association, you cannot hide in the sand and exoect to get elected, how many meeting are you attending to show the members you are interested in this community, there is a very important meeting at the water company Monday at 10 AM, come on over and get aquainted, find out what is going on in our community.It involves all of us.

    ReplyDelete